Wednesday, December 21, 2005

winter solstice



hand raised in shield and salute
I’ve watched my retreating love
disappear southward
his warmth a mockery
his smile weak and distant
the cold of his absence
claims my world

each day sees a larger plot
of my heart in shadow and frost
as he grows smaller
and now the rain
has washed away
the consoling memory
of his wink and grin

someone tells me
he has turned
reconsidered his leaving…
tomorrow and tomorrow
will he be nearer?
will his closeness thaw my heart?
when will I know?

2 comments:

Christina K Brown said...

this is heartbreaking.....

I love it!


PS: I opened the most lovely of lovies today....it is prefect. Divine.

Made for me.

Couldn't be more perfect for me....

Thank you.


xxooxxoo

Now yours is in the scrap heap and rethought althogether...you have inspired me to reach further. So, you will not get it in time for Christmas but I am going to bring Christmas to you all year long...it is my mission.

Anonymous said...

It's beautifully written, Lisa. But very sad!
Donna