Monday, February 27, 2006

The Story Will Have To Wait...

For a time this winter, writing consumed me. I was at it several hours, every day. Then it got frustrating. I felt I had things to say, but the words went away. I felt chained to the keyboard; it taunted me…it withheld its grace. The words choked and clogged. "Control+X" was my "go-to" tool.


Sleep, for me, has been much the same--choked and clogged. On-again, off-again…mostly off. Last Friday, stutter-stepping through another long night, this thought came to me: I want to be able to just...look at the pictures without coming up with the words. For a little while, anyway.


5 comments:

Christina K Brown said...

This is the most delightful picture....I want to be there right now.

alphawoman said...

Beautiful picture. Does not need one single word. Not sleeping is the pits.

Anonymous said...

That picture is worth a thousand words. But as always I will look forward to your words, too, and hope the writer/sleeper block melts away soon.
Debbi

emmapeelDallas said...

I know what you mean about not being able to find the words. I've felt that way so much recently. If it's any consolation, one of the things I love most about your writing is that it always seems to flow so well...and I know how difficult it is to achieve that.

Judi

Globetrotter said...

You are Never at a loss for splendid words, girl. That's just bull.